- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
The Key To Our Success In Treating Low Back Pain Is Our Comprehensive Approach, Having Every Treatment Option Available and Providing Those Services Without Passing The Extra Cost On To Our Patients!
I have been seeing Dr. Schenendorf and his staff for several months now. I went to his clinic after trying to achieve results at a renowned orthopedic practice in Atlanta, with no success. Within several weeks of my first visit, Dr. Schenendorf and his team had used a number of pain relieving techniques for me. To my delight, the result has been a prolonged and significant improvement in both my lower back and my shoulder. I had a number of treatments-adjustments, stretch counseling, deep tissue massage, ultrasound and electro-stimulation. I also found the treatments to be affordable, and the clinic was extremely flexible in dealing with my insurance plans
Buckhead Spine Specialists: Changing the way low back pain is treated by saving our patients time, money and frustration!
Buckhead Spine Specialists specializes in the treatment of low back pain. We see more patients for low back pain than any other condition. In fact, we have over 60 years experience and see hundreds of patients a year for this condition.
Our revolutionary system incorporates the best qualities of medical, physical therapy, chiropractic, decompression and massage therapy, allowing for more comprehensive treatment options and allowing our patients not only to eliminate their symptoms but the ability to sustain their progress.
This comprehensive system is designed to ensure an accurate diagnosis and the subsequent proper treatment, avoiding wasted time and money for our patients.
Just as important, any additional treatments and diagnostic testing are offered at no additional cost to the patient.
The truth is, no one way is the best for treating low back pain and no one method is effective for every patient. In fact, research has shown that incorporating more than one discipline is the most effective, fastest way to recovery.
Therefore, at BSS every method of treatment is available to you in one location.
Our goal is to provide the best of each discipline to quickly alleviate any pain or discomfort and rehabilitate the low back to prevent future complications. Any necessary treatments, prescriptions, diagnostic testing as well as the more conservative chiropractic and physical therapy are done on location. Of course, conservative treatment is our first priority.
Whether you are interested in incorporating all of our services or you are interested in one fact of our care, BSS is the ideal place to treat your pain.
PROTOCOL FOR LOW BACK PAIN COULD INCLUDE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING TREATMENTS:
1. Physical Therapy: PT can be prescribed to begin a program of exercises, stretching and strengthening. Physical therapy has been found to be a very effective conservative treatment for back pain. Other treatments include:
· Electrical muscle stimulation
· Cold Laser
· Hydro Beds
· Inter-segmental Traction Beds
2. Chiropractic: Chiropractors are experts of the joints that make up the spine. Back pain is often caused by pressure of the nerves as they exit the spine. Chiropractic has proven very effective in treating such cases.
3. Medical: Our medical doctor is available to oversee the patient's care. He will make recommendations on necessary diagnostic testing as well as treatment recommendations such as the need for physical therapy.
4. Decompression Therapy: IDD therapy is the latest in back treatment. It is a highly researched method for treating back pain, specifically disc injuries. It utilizes traction to rehabilitate the spine and take the pressure off of the back. In our office we have experienced a very high success rate with this treatment. IDD has proven very effective in not only treating back pain but various other spinal conditions as well. To read more about decompression, please see the decompression page.
5. Massage: Massage helps facilitate the rehabilitative process serving as a catalyst for faster recovery. Back pain often has muscular factors which are treated effectively by massage therapy. In addition it helps to avoid scar tissue to build up which can lead to more chronic conditions. Our patients enjoy the benefit of insurance covered massage when used as an adjunct to care.
To Schedule Your Complimentary Evaluation, Exam and X-Rays, Simply Click Here or Call At (404) 994-4489!